Our Home: The Barn, Springbank Secondary College
We are based at The Barn, Gate 2, Springbank Secondary College, Daws Road, Pasadena South Australia.
Project Partners: We collaborate with these key organisations to achieve our objectives.
Based in Lesotho:
- Transformation Resource Centre (TRC) In 2006 TRC founded the project to establish libraries in schools. TRC is the overall manager of the library project.
- Maliba Lodge: Destination in the Sky The first, and only, 5-star lodge in Lesotho. The lodge and its guests support local community development projects in the north of the country, through the Maliba Community Trust. Projects include establishing libraries in local school in association with TRC.
Based in Australia:
- South Pacific School Aid Inc. (SPSA). SPSA is a major supplier of books for Books for Lesotho Inc. Volunteers sort and pack books ready for shipping to many parts of the world, including Lesotho.
Major Supporters in Australia
- Mitcham Exercise Group. Members make voluntary contributions which total a significant amount each year.
- Lang Foundation – made a significant financial donation in 2019
- Chris McEvoy of Preschem (Australia) Pty Ltd – based in Melbourne, Victoria
- George Hassell Book Club
- Regular book donations come from:
- Adelaide Hills Council – Adelaide Hills Library Service – following the annual book sale
- City of Marion Library
- City of Mitcham – Mitcham Library Service (SA)
- City of Onkaparinga – The Hub Library
- Town of Walkerville – Walkerville Library
- Blackwood Book Exchange
- Glenside Lions Club Book Mart
- Red Cross Superstore – St Marys
- Rotary Club of Kidman Park
- Rotary Club of Mitcham (SA) – Second-hand Bookshop
- Save the Children
- Adelaide High School
- Gladstone Primary School (SA)
- Hallett Cove East Primary School
- Highgate Primary School
- Immanuel Collegee – donated during “Book Week”
- Loreto College (Adelaide)
- Marryatville High School
- Redwood Park Primary School
- Scotch College
- Seymour College
- Shadow Park Primary School
- Westminster School – at the conclusion of the annual “Fun Fair”
- Woodcroft Primary School
- St Columba’s Anglican Church, Hawthorn (SA) – after the annual fete
- And many other organisations and private donors
Based in South Australia:
- Blackwood Book Exchange One of our suppliers of second hand books.
- Cameron Caravans SA Provided us with temporary storage facilities in 2015.
- Colonel Light Books One of our suppliers of second hand books.
- East Avenue Books One of our suppliers of second hand books.
- Mitcham Motor Garage Great mechanical repair work and loans a huge trailer to us for book collections.
- Norcrest Insurance Agencies Our insurance brokers.
- Optimistic Kids Provide us with space for sorting and storing books.
- We Are Robots Alex is the designer of our posters and flyers.
Based in Victoria:
- Preschem (Australia) Pty Ltd Our major supporter in Victoria.
Based in South Africa:
- Rudi Botha of Beach Bush Berg Provides us with fabulous photographs and is a wonderful tour guide.